The Shimano Talica is built on solid engineering principles that puts this reel in a league of its own. This series offers a high-speed retrieve that you can use for jigging up brutal kingfish from offshore structure where speed can make all the difference or use it to target marlin and tuna trillin glares or pitching out bait o a fired up pelagic.
The Talica is available in both single speed and 2 speed options providing a wider range of applications across the range – from straight out lure fishing to battling deep water series this reel has it covered.
Each model has a one-piece cold forged (for extreme strength) and machine Aluminium frame, this is treated with a proprietary surface process for cutting-edge corrosion protection. Shimano then added a lightweight cold forged aluminium spool, oversized HEG (High Efficiency Gearing) gears, waterproof carbon drag system and 6 S-ARB bearings for super slick operation.
The Talica has been constructed to withstand massive drag pressures for their respective sizes and the carbon drag system has been waterproofed (when engaged) to handle salt water spray.
Shimano Talica 10 Reel
- E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme corrosion protection
- Cold-Forged and Machined Aluminium Frame & Spool
- Topless Design (no obtrusive crossbar)
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washers (Ultra Drag!)
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Preset Knot with Clicker
- HEG (High Efficiency Gearing)
- S-ARB Bearings (Shielded ARB Ball Bearings)
- Aluminium Rod Clamp
- Power Handle
Talica 10 Specifications:
- Retrieve per crank: 97 cm
- Bearings: 6
- Max drag: 9kg
- Mono cap: 7kg/ 347m
- Drag type: LD
- Weight: 465g
- PowerPro cap: 40lbs / 540 yrds
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1