The Shimano Tiagra 50 WA Game Reel is built for tough fights and packed with premium features to give you the upper hand against the biggest, baddest fish. The heavier anodising makes it even more resistant to corrosion from saltwater, while the click stop drag quadrant permits more precise drag adjustments. The counterbalanced Septon power handle falls easily to hand when striking a fish and makes winding easier during long fights, plus its rubberised ‘tackiness’ combats sweaty palms. Sweet as!
The Tiagra’s one-piece frame is machine-cut from an aluminium tube to a thickness of 7mm. It’s also packed with A-RB bearings, heavy duty stainless steel gears and a two-speed shifting mechanism. This reel is built tough for big Marlins, Tunas or Sharks.
2 Speed Gearing
This mechanism is designed so that gear changes are quick and easy, even when fighting a fish. The low gear ratio used for high-power retrieves is selected by pushing the button on the base of the handle. Return to the high-speed ratio by sliding the release button along the handle shank. By using two sets of gears, the drive and pinion gears are always engaged. There is no gear meshing during the shift.
A-RB are made of stainless steel that has been through the A-RB process. At least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings. Easy maintenance no-shield design allows for easy flushing of debris and easy lubrication. Increased bearing speed-no shield design and lighter viscosity lubrication reduce friction and allow the bearing to spin faster and longer.
Aluminium Cold Forged Spool
These spools provide strength and durability over diecast aluminium or graphite spools.
Shimano Metal Series
The Metal construction showcased in some of Shimano’s finest reels now appears throughout their line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, but they also feature the use of the latest anodising, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- Heavier gold anodising makes the reel even more resistant to saltwater corrosion
- Click stop drag quadrant permits more precise drag adjustments
- Counterbalanced handle falls easily to hand when striking a fish and makes winding easier during the course of a long fight
- Rubberised handle ‘tackiness’ combats sweaty palms
- Aluminium Cold Forged Spool to provide increased strength and durability
- Anti-Rust Bearings; at least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings
- 7mm thick one piece machine-cut aluminium frame
- Heavy-duty stainless gears
- Two speed shifting mechanism where the pinion and drive gears are continuously meshed
- Retrieve per Crank: 94/38cm
- Bearings: 4
- Max Drag: 20kg
- Mono Cap: 23kg/777m
- Drag Type: LD
- Weight: 2447g
- Gear Ratio: 3.1:1, 1.3:1